Whether it’s casual surfing, seamless video streaming, or exhaustive gaming, fiber-powered Frontier internet has got you covered. Depending on your location and available plans, in line with what your needs dictate, you get to choose from varied types of connectivity and plans from Frontier high-speed internet.
FiOS® from Frontier delivers 100% fiber optic internet that connects homes and businesses alike. While with Frontier’s Vantage™ line of products you can opt for pure fiber connectivity or high-speed copper internet – according to what may be supported by Frontier’s network in your neighborhood and according to what suits your needs and your pocket the best!
Apart from offering blazing-fast download speeds that can soar up to 1 Gbps, FiOS internet plans from Frontier come with a one year price lock and the option to remain free from annual contracts. So, you get to enjoy a buffer-less connection without dreading unexpected price hikes and having to scrunch your budget.
If you are one of the lucky ones who have subscribed to the impressive Frontier internet service, and you also happen to love everything DIY, this guide will be the light that takes you forth as you go about self-installing your Frontier internet router.
However, in order to get on with the process, you first need to place an order for a self-installation kit. If you have already placed your order, contact Frontier Customer Service and request the self-installation kit. It usually arrives at your doorstep three to four days before your Service Ready Date with Frontier.
Note: Before you begin self-installing a Frontier internet connection, do make sure you are conducting the installation on or after the Service Ready Date, not earlier.
The best part about being a Frontier customer is that you don’t have to worry you’ll end up receiving low-quality or wrong equipment. Each self-installation kit comes with amenities that are tried and tested to give you robust speeds and reliable connectivity.
1. Always try to place the router at a central location in your house so that you get the best coverage everywhere
2. It’s always great to place your router either right next to your primary TV set-top box or somewhere near it
3. If you are also planning to connect your Frontier TV equipment, make sure to set-up the internet router first.
Once you have grabbed your Frontier internet self-installation kit, take a deep breath and follow these instructions. The process of installing Frontier Internet is as easy as pie, and should take you more or less thirty minutes if you stick to the guidelines accurately. The steps you need to follow are simple and only vary in terms of the type of connection you have chosen to subscribe to i.e. FiOS®, Vantage™ or high-speed DSL.
So, without further ado, let’s help begin your journey as a Frontier internet subscriber!
Note: If you are confident enough to install your equipment without equipment specific details, you can follow a quick FiOS setup guide too.
Grab your box, take out the router, and once all the bits and pieces are in place, begin with the steps outlined here to connect any of the following routers:
You will have the choice to configure your new FiOS internet service with the FiOS router either by using Ethernet or MoCA from the Optical Network Terminal (ONT).
If you receive the MoCA adapter, you should also have the following essentials in your FiOS self-installation kit:
Total Contents: 9
If you don’t have the MoCA adapter, you should have the following essentials in the FiOS self-installation kit:
Total Contents: 4
Once you’ve double-checked all the high-quality essentials that you need in order to set-up your internet router, you can proceed to the next step!
If you are a new customer, depending on whether you are configuring with or without a MoCA Adapter, follow these simple steps first to set-up the router, before you proceed to connect it to the power supply.
For New users, who configure the connection using the MoCA Adapter, these are the steps to follow:
1. Start by connecting a Coax cable from the wall jack to the side of the Splitter (Coax In) with a single port.
2. Once you’re done, grab the second Coax cable and connect it to one of the left-over ports on the Splitter (Coax Out).
3. Then connect the second Coax cable to the port that you will find at the back of the MoCA adapter labeled as "ONT Broadband".
4. Next, insert the third Coax cable into the spare port on the Splitter, and then to the port behind the Router labeled "Cable Line".
5. Securely affix the Ethernet Cable to the RED port that you will find on the MoCA adapter labeled as "RG Broadband" and connect it to the RED port on the Router tagged as "ONT Broadband".
6. Lastly, attach the USB cable to the port on the MoCA adapter that says "Power" and link it to the port on the Router that is labeled as "USB".
New Customers who are configuring without the MoCA Adapter can connect the router by following the instructions below:
1. Pick up the WHITE Ethernet cable and link one of its ends to the Ethernet port on your wall or the Optical Network Terminal (ONT), if your router is located next to it.
2. After that, attach the other end of your cable to the RED Ethernet port that is labeled as “ONT” on your router.
3. Lastly, connect a Coax cable from the wall jack to the port that is present behind the Router tagged as "Cable Line" in case you have subscribed to TV service.
After your router is connected, you can amp it up with the power supply by moving through these three steps:
1. Look at your router to find the port that’s labeled “Power”.
2. Once you have located the port, simply plug-in the power adapter into it and then fix it securely into a power outlet.
3. Press the power button that’s located behind the router. Once you get a solid BLUE light, voila! The router is turned on!
If you have received your Vantage DIY installation kit, then before we jump into the detailed step-by-step process, here are some things you need to do after you open the box:
1. Find out your connection type:
One that’s done and dusted, begin with the detailed self-installation guide that tells you how to connect the following routers:
Before you start installing the Frontier Vantage internet router, make sure you double-check the items in the kit you have received against the check-list given below:
Total Contents: 4
Got everything you need? Hop-on to the next step to set up your new router in a jiffy!
If you are an existing customer who’s just got a service upgrade then follow the steps given below to jazz-up your online activities with super-fast speeds!
1. Find your existing router and observe how and where all the cables are connected.
2. Then, carefully remove each cable from the existing router and connect it to the new router one at a time.
3. Last, by using the new power adapter, connect the new router to power and hit the power button to get the Mbps flowing.
If you are a new customer, welcome to the Frontier Family! Just patiently read through all the steps laid out below, one-after-another, under “A” and “B”, to set-up your Vantage Internet all by yourself.
Connect the Router to the Internet--
1. If you have a DSL connection, start by connecting one end of the GREEN phone line cord into the phone jack on the wall.
2. After that, look for a GREEN DSL port labeled "DSL" on your router and attach the other end of your cable to it.
3. For an Ethernet connection, find the Ethernet port on your wall and affix one end of the WHITE Ethernet cable to it.
4. Next, spot a RED Ethernet port on your router that says “ONT” and join the other end of your Ethernet cable to it.
Connect it to Power--
You have two options with regards to connecting your Frontier Vantage internet router to the power-supply:
Find the port labeled "Power" on the router and attach the new power adapter to it. After that, plug the power adapter into a power outlet and press the power button that’s behind the router to turn it on.
Insert the power plug into the power port of the router that you just received. Then, plug-in the new BBU into a secure power outlet, and hit the power button that you will find at the back of the router to turn it on.
Well done! Now that you have connected your router, all you need to fully accomplish the feat, is to see a SOLID BLUE light appearing on the front of the router.
The blue light will tell you that you’ve done everything the right way and now you’re connected to high-speed Vantage Internet from Frontier!
Before you start, make sure to check the contents in your self-installment kit. The kit should contain the following:
Total Contents: 5
Do you have everything you need? If yes, bounce to the next step!
After you have all the necessary bits and bobs in your hand, whether you are an existing or new customer, you can proceed to set-up your new router by following the directions below:
1. Find your current router and attentively examine where the cables are connected.
2. Next, remove each cable from the existing router one-by-one and affix to the new router the same way. You may need to put your brain to some extra work as your new router may look a little different than the existing one.
3. Finally, plug your new router to the power source using the new power adapter from your kit and push the power button.
Welcome onboard, new customer! We admire your confidence – after all you have chosen to set-up your high-speed Frontier internet connection yourself! Now gather all your wits and follow the instructions under “A” and “B” to hone your internet game!
Connect the Router to the Internet—1. If you have a home phone service, you will need to install an in-line filter first.
If you are using the filter:
In case you are NOT using the filter:
Put it onto the Power Supply—
Check if your Router is Connected—
After you have keenly followed all the given instructions, it’s now time for the internet light at the front of the router to turn solid BLUE to show that you are now fully connected to the internet.
Tip: As soon as you open your self-installation kit and unbox the router, remember to note down or click a picture of the Wi-Fi Network Name and Password that’s mentioned on the bottom of your router as you will be needing this later to connect your gadgets wirelessly.
To connect your wired devices such as the PC to the router super-quick, locate any Yellow Ethernet port on the router and link one end of the Ethernet cable to it while attaching the other end to your device’s Ethernet port and that’s all!
You are all set to enjoy seamless downloading, streaming, gaming and what not!
Remember we asked you to note down or take a photo of the wireless network name and password details that are written on the sticker that’s pasted at the bottom of your router?
Well, now you can find that piece of paper or image, grab your device and go to its Wi-Fi settings to select the Wi-Fi network name that matches with the one that’s mentioned on the router.
After selecting the Wi-Fi network, just type in the password to securely connect your gadget to the router to experience what a fast and unlimited internet connection is like!
Congratulations for successfully configuring and installing your Frontier internet router all by yourself!
However, if you face any issues such as the light on the router doesn’t turn solid blue after you connect it to the power supply, or any of the self-installation kit contents are missing, feel free to contact Frontier's 24/7 Customer Service for prompt help.
Copyright © 2020, All Rights Reserved.