Pioneering the use of latest technologies in order to enhance its consumer services and products, is a long-time legacy at Comcast. Its testing of the world’s first 10G, network-to-modem connection, at the 2021 annual 10G event, was a big milestone in the continued endeavor to bring ultra fast speeds to American homes.
The past decade has seen Comcast invest $30 billion into nationwide expansion of its Fiber-dense network infrastructure, which now comprises of over 190,000 route miles. The big plus is its network technology makes it pretty future-proof - like so Comcast expects to deliver next-gen speeds to millions of homes quite without having to initiate mega construction projects.
Committed to empowering the digital lifestyle of its subscribers, Comcast has doubled its network capacity almost every 2 years or so. Which has helped the provider stay on top of consumer demand. And, it was also why the Comcast network was able to withstand the massive increase in traffic following the onset of the pandemic in 2020.
In the Chicago area, Comcast has invested $1.4 billion to enhance its regional network during the last 3 years, which has enabled the provider to deliver some of the fastest available speeds in the market. And, our article today talks about the new faster Xfinity Internet service plans in Chicago, Illinois. Read on and see which of the boosted Xfinity Internet speeds in the Chicago area, fit your increased home needs the best.
The new Xfinity Internet speeds tiers for Chicago, IL
The Xfinity Internet service relies on over 68,000 route miles of fiber-dense network infrastructure in the Chicago region. Multiple communities across the region now benefit from boosted download speeds, and subscribers are able to get more value for their money. Because the increased speeds come to you without a rate hike!
Here is a look at the upgraded speed tiers from Xfinity Internet in Chicago:
- The 50/10 Mbps new Xfinity Internet Connect lets you upload twice as fast you could with the outgoing Performance Starter plan.
- The new 100/10 Mbps Xfinity Internet Connect More also offers two times the upload speed relative to the old Performance plan.
- Xfinity Internet Fast offers 300/10 Mbps relative to the retired 200/10 Mbps Xfinity Internet Blast!
- Xfinity Internet Superfast delivers 600/20 Mbps compared to the outgoing 400/20 Mbps Xfinity Internet Extreme.
- Xfinity Internet Ultrafast gives you 900/20 Mbps as opposed to the 800/20 Mbps delivered by the retired Xfinity Extreme Pro plan.
- Xfinity Gigabit Pro now offers 3/3 Gbps symmetrical speeds which is a boost from 2/2 Gbps. The Gigabit Pro plan is facilitated by Comcast’s enterprise-grade Fiber-based Ethernet technology and is currently available in select service locations.
Why choose Xfinity Internet in Chicago, Illinois
While fast Xfinity Internet speeds shape the foundation of your online experience, it is not the only factor that determines the value of your subscription. The appealing promotional offers, and the many attractive perks, which Xfinity offers with its broadband service, help you get much more than just fast downloads and uploads.
Here is a quick rundown of what an Xfinity Internet subscription can get you -
- A variety of speed tiers to pick from - from small households to big, and from light internet usage to extensive, a range of consumer needs are covered. You don’t have to settle down for too fast or too slow a speed.
- FREE Xfinity Flex 4K streaming TV box - the device is easy to set up, lets you enjoy your favorite streaming apps all in one place, and you can search quickly and easily with the award-winning Xfinity Voice Remote.
- FREE Peacock Premium - over 15,000 hours worth of entertainment that includes access to hundreds of movies, thousands of episodes, exclusive originals, sports, documentaries, and more.
- FREE access to over 20 million Xfinity WiFi hotspots nationwide - around 2 million in the Chicago area. You can connect to secure high-speed internet on the go, and save your mobile data!
- The advanced and innovative xFi Gateway - enhance your in-home WiFi experience for $14/mo. on top of your service plan. The xFi Gateway sets you up for an exceptional experience of WiFi connectivity at home. Your network is secure and so are all your connected devices because Advanced Security comes built-in. Plus you get ready access to network management via the Xfinity app and the xFi website.
- Generous data allowance - Xfinity plans come with 1.2 TB data in Chicago, but from the viewpoint of standard usage, the allowance is virtually unlimited. Plus Xfinity does not charge you an overage fee the first time you breach the limit in a 12-month period.
- Contract or no contract - Xfinity gives you choice. You can pick a promo offer at a discounted rate. Or a month-to-month plan which does not tie you up for 1 or 2 years.
Xfinity Internet in Chicago, IL - More perks!
- Xfinity Internet bundles with Xfinity X1 TV, home phone, and Xfinity Home You can include one or more services to your package depending on what your home needs, and become eligible for bundle discounts with Xfinity’s promotional offers.
- Xfinity Internet service is mover-friendly. You can move your Xfinity residential service(s) to your new address without hassle. All you have to do is tell Xfinity, review and approve the details of offer availability at the new address, and let Xfinity take care of the nitty-gritty of the transfer. Xfinity gives you the option to keep the service and self-install at the new address. You can also upgrade or add equipment in which case you will be provided with a Getting Started Kit. And if you wish, you can ask for professional installation. This is the only cost you may incur during the transfer of Xfinity services.
The boosted Xfinity Internet speeds in Chicago, without a price hike, is a great initiative by Comcast. Today when most homes face a budget constraint and struggle to meet the increased internet usage, Comcast gives residents in the Chicago area more for less. You can check offer availability at your specific Chicago address with our smart search tool here, and set yourself up with the speed plan that is right for your home.
How fast is Xfinity Internet speed in Chicago?
In the Chicago region, Xfinity Internet speeds range from 50 Mbps to 1200 Mbps for downloads. In select locations, you may be able to access the 3/3 Gbps fiber internet plan as well. To check offer availability click here.
What is the cheapest Xfinity Internet plan in the Chicago region?
Xfinity Internet plans in the Chicago region start at $25/mo. with 1-year term agreement. Xfinity Internet Connect gets you up to 50 Mbps downloads. To browse other offers click here.