Let’s admit it, none of us like to see our streaming space all cluttered up with multiple TV remotes, whether that’s our bedroom couch, living room sofa, or simply our bed. Especially on our bad days, it’s more like a hassle to rely on different TV remotes to flip the channels, rewind/forward the show, turn on our sound system, etc.
However, if you are a Cox TV subscriber, then we have some good news for you! With Cox Contour XR5 remote, you can apply different functions and settings to your TV by using just one device. The Cox Contour remote can be programmed with various types of audio devices and televisions, pairing with Contour receivers to provide you with aim-free control. And that’s not all, Cox XR5 Remote offers a plethora of other features and advantages as well to level up your entertainment experience!
The best part? Cox XR5 Remote is very easy to set up and program! Keep scrolling to learn more!
- The remote provides you with an extended battery life, as it uses Radio Frequency (RF) which is more efficient than Traditional Infrared (IR).
- The device features a wide range of instant buttons, such as volume, mute, power on/off, input controls, and more.
- It provides users with aim-free control and effectively pairs with the receiver through the menu when paired with a Contour receiver.
- The remote also has an exclusive All Power Button that turns off your TVs and audio devices at the same time. However, it’s worth noting that this button does turn off the Cox Contour Receivers.
- The device also has a bright amber automatic backlight.
Note: Only Cox XR5 remote is compatible with Contour. The Contour system does not support third-party remotes.
Here’s how you can set up and program your Cox Contour XR5 Remote.
||How to Set Up
Program for audio devices or television
- The first step is to turn on your device and receiver and determine where the setup button is on the Cox remote.
- Now, hold the setup button for 3 seconds, and you should see the red LED light on the remote turning green.
- Enter the 5-digit code for your device.
Result: You will see the lights blinking green twice. If not, please repeat the first and second steps.
- Press the volume buttons. If the volume doesn’t go up or down, repeat the above-mentioned steps again with the next code.
- Verify that All Power/TV Power buttons and Mute options are working and controlling the programmed device.
Use automatic code search to find audio device codes or TV
- Turn on your TV/audio device and receiver, and hold the setup button for 3 seconds until the red light on your remote turns green.
- Try one of the following steps.
- Enter 9-9-1 for a TV.
- Type 9-9-2 for an audio device.
- Keep pressing the Channel Up button until the audio device or TV turns off. Wait for about a second before you press the button again.
- Select the Setup button, once your TV or audio device turns off.
- Finally, press the TV Power button on the remote to turn the TV back on. If you are using an audio device, press the All Power button.
Clear programmed devices to add new devices
- Find the Setup button on the remote and hold it for 3 seconds. Wait until the red light on the remote turns green.
- Type 9-8-1.
Result: The LED will blink green twice and all devices will be cleared from the XR5 Remote.
Note: Just in case you need more information regarding some other aspects of XR5 like how to reset the remote control, do reach out to Cox customer support team at 855-349-9316.
Pair with receiver
- The first step is to ensure:
- The batteries are properly installed in the remote.
- Your television is switched on and is set to the input for the Contour receiver.
- You have turned on the Contour Receiver.
- Now, find the Setup button on the remote and hold it for 3 seconds, until the red LED turns green.
- Press the Contour button on the remote.
Result: The LED on the remote will start flashing.
- Perform any one of the following steps.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and enter the 3-digit code displayed on the TV.
- Keep pressing the Contour button until the instructions pop up on your TV screen. Then, enter the 3-digit code.
- The Contour XR5 remote might detect any compatible receivers within fifty feet and attempt to pair with them. With each press of the Contour button, you will indicate the remote to keep changing the receivers.
Result: The Cox pair remote process is complete. Finally, your receiver and remote are paired.
Note: Just in case you need more information regarding Cox contour remote TV codes, or resetting Cox remote, do reach out to Cox customer support team at 855-349-9316.
- Find the Setup button on the remote and hold it for 3 seconds, until the red light on it turns green.
- Type 9-8-1.
Result: The LED will blink green twice and the remote will be no longer paired with the receiver.
Note: When not paired, XR5 Remote relies on an Infrared Radiation (IR) signal only. Therefore, line-of-sight is needed to control the receiver. Also, just in case you feel that your Cox Remote is not working properly, or you need any assistance with its programming, please do reach out to Cox customer support team at 855-349-9316.
That’s pretty much it, folks!
We hope you enjoyed learning about the setup and key features of the Cox Contour XR5 Remote in this guide. Luckily, with Cox, you have a wide range of perks to enjoy, in addition to its affordable internet, TV, and home phone plans.
Just in case you need more information regarding Contour Remotes, are wondering why my LED remote is not working, or are concerned about your TV not responding to remote buttons, reach out to Cox customer support team at 855-349-9316. We would be happy to assist!
Is the Cox Contour remote universal?
Yes, Cox Contour remotes are universal and they offer full control of DVR/Blu-ray players, TVs, VCRs, and various sound audio systems.
How do I replace my Cox remote?
Just in case you think that it’s necessary to replace your Cox Remote, please do reach out to Cox customer support team at 855-349-9316. Cox’s trained professionals will provide you with all the necessary details.
Why is my Cox Contour remote not working?
There could be several reasons your Cox Contour Remote isn’t working. Please reach out to Cox customer support team at 855-349-9316. Cox’s trained professionals will help you determine the root cause of the problem and provide you with the necessary measures to resolve it.
How do I program my Contour remote?
Programming Contour Remote is pretty convenient – reach out to the Cox customer support team at 855-349-9316, or visit here to learn more.