Call for the Best Cable, Phone and Internet Deals: 1-844-520-8978
Have you changed your internet service to Optimumand you can’t wait to enjoy high definition gaming, streaming, and web browsing? But you need to set up a modem to access the internet connection. Most probably, you are here to explore how to self-install the optimum modem.
If you are looking for clues on how to self-install and setup your Optimum internet modem, and you tripped here, then congratulations, you just got lucky! Our Optimum modem self-installation guide will assist you in easily completing the entire process. So, let’s get started!
First things first, to start the process you need to have a self-installation kit. For this, you have to dial the Optimum phone number to place an order of self-installation kit. Typically, it takes 3 – 4 working days for the kit to arrive at your doorstep.
In case, you have already placed the order but it hasn’t arrived yet, you may call Optimum Customer Service for inquiries. Keep in mind that you can only initiate the self-installation process on the Service Ready date or after that.
You will find the following equipment in your self-installation kit. With Optimum, you don’t have to worry about the quality or condition of the equipment received.
In case it is your first time connecting a modem, you will find the following additional equipment as well:
Connect a New Modem
If you are connecting Optimum modem for the first time, then follow these simple steps:
1. Connect one end of your coaxial cable to the cable outlet.
2. Connect the coaxial cable’s other end to the backside of the modem.
3. Take one end of your power cord and plug it into the backside of the modem.
4. Take the open end of your power cord and plug it into an electrical outlet.
5. Plug one end of your Ethernet cable to your modem’s yellow-colored port.
6. Connect the Ethernet cable’s open end to the Ethernet port of your computer.
7. Once all four lights turn green and the fifth light starts flashing amber, your modem is ready.
Note:The last step is only applicable if you have Arris TM802 or TM822 modem models. For the Arris TM1602 model, when the color of 3 lights changes to solid blue and the WAN port light starts flashing green, it indicates that your modem is ready.
Replace Your Existing Modem
All the steps involved in replacing the existing modem are the same as connecting a new modem except the first one.
The first step in this process is to disconnect every single thing from your current modem and then follow all the remaining steps mentioned above.
If you place your cable box and modem in the same room, then you need a cable splitter. To assist you, here is a step by step process to use a cable splitter:
1. Connect one end of the coaxial cable to the cable wall outlet and detach its other end from the cable box.
2. Keep the other end of the coaxial cable connected to the IN end of the splitter.
3. Take one end of each coaxial cable and connect it with the OUT end of the splitter.
4. Connect the open ends of coaxial cable to the cable box and to the back of your modem, respectively.
We have covered everything you should know about self-installing Optimum internet modem. The process is simple. If you carefully follow all the steps and avoid all hindrances, then you may set it up in no time. Just do not feel intimidated by the notion of being nagged. You can either take the pro route or go for a DIY optimum modem self-installation method. It works both ways. Just make sure you run an Optimum speed test so that you are sure that the modem is fully up and running!
In case you find yourself stuck, grab your phone and dial 1-844-520-8978 to get immediate support from Optimum Customer Service.
To self-install optimum modem, follow these simple steps:
Yes! Firstly, detach everything from your current modem. Then plug one end of power cord into modem’s backside and other end into an electrical outlet. Finally, connect one end of Ethernet cable to modem’s yellow port and other end to your computer’s Ethernet port. And your modem is ready! For more information, call now at 1-844-520-8978.
We would recommend you to buy your own modem if you can. If you rent a modem, it will not be able to deliver the high-speed optimum internet that you may require for specific networks. For more information, call now at 1-844-520-8978.
Copyright © 2023. All Rights Reserved.