There are several reasons due to which your Mediacom Internet may not be working, or may be performing unsatisfactorily. Before you try to fix Mediacom Internet, you must however identify the cause of disruption in connectivity. The most likely scenarios are:
• Mediacom modem issue
• Mediacom wireless router issue
• Mediacom outage
If you are connected to the wireless network yet aren’t able to access the web, there may be an issue with your modem.
Assess your Mediacom modem for any error messages or abnormal LED indicators. Usually, a simple modem reset will work.
Here’s how you can reset your Mediacom modem:
1. Disconnect the modem from the power outlet (in case the modem lights are still on, check if your modem has a backup battery, and remove it).
2. Remove the coaxial cable from the outlet or from the rear of the modem.
3. Keep the disconnection for 30 seconds.
4. Meanwhile, you can check that any phone or Ethernet cables are firmly plugged into the correct ports e.g. your phone cable should be connected to the Tel 1 (Tel 1/2) port.
5. Now, plug the coaxial cable and power cord back into their respective outlets.
6. Wait for 30-60 seconds for the LED indicators on the modem to light up properly.
7. Now, check if your Mediacom Internet is working.
In case the modem reboot doesn’t resolve the problem, try plugging your computer directly into the modem using an Ethernet cable.
If your devices aren’t able to get the wireless signal, but the wired connection works flawlessly, there may be a problem with your Mediacom router.
Try rebooting the Mediacom wireless router by unplugging it from the power outlet, wait for 30 seconds, ensure the cables are securely connected, and power on the device.
Check to see if your devices can connect to the wireless signal now.
There are also instances when a certain device isn’t able to connect to the home network. In such cases, you can check by connecting another device to the network. If the new device on the network secures a connection, reboot the one which does not, and see if it connects. Also, keep your device in close proximity to the router; faint signals can also be the cause of connection disruption.
If resetting your router/modem doesn’t resolve your Mediacom Internet problem, there may be a configuration or another technical issue with the device. You will have to contact Mediacom or the device manufacturer for technical support. They’ll will work to fix your modem/router and even send out a technician in case of hardware complications. Also, do check if there is a Mediacom outage due to which you aren’t able to connect to the internet. For that you can look up the Mediacom outage map, or call Mediacom customer service for information.
Remove the coaxial cable from the outlet or from the rear of the modem and disconnect the modem from the power source and plug it back in after 30 to 60 seconds.
Reset the Mediacom wireless router by unplugging it from the power outlet, wait for 30 seconds, ensure the cables are securely connected, and power on the device.
Copyright © 2022, All Rights Reserved.